Tools and Strategies for Refugee Mental Health Screening: Introducing the RHS-15
Sponsored by: RHTAC and Baystate Continuing Education
Date: January 25, 2012
Time: 1:00-2:30 PM EST
Presented by: Michael Hollifield, MD
Associate Professor, University of California at Irvine
Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation
Dr. Hollifield receives research/grant support from the Lutheran Community Services, Northwest
Course Goal: The goal of this educational activity is to support efficient, effective, compassionate patient-centered care to refugees and immigrants.
By participating in this educational activity, you should be able to:
- Describe the tools available for screening and assessing mental health in refugees.
- Explain how to use the Refugee Health Screener-15 in the care of my patients.
- Identify the primary and secondary obstacles to screening for mental health in refugees.
- Describe strategies to overcome obstacles to the provision of optimal care for these patients.
Continuing Education Credit
Please follow these steps to receive continuing education credit for this webinar:
- Pre-register for the CECs on the Baystate Continuing Education learner portal at least 24 hours before the start time of the event through the Baystate Continuing Education Learner Portal >
- Scroll down the list of courses to find the January 25 course: Tools And Strategies For Refugee Mental Health Screening: Introducing The RHS-15.
- Add the course to your shopping cart, and proceed to check out. There is no charge for this course.
- Check your email acknowledgement. It will include your CE ID number.
- Keep the CE ID number the Baystate Continuing Education learner portal emails to you.
- Participate in the webinar on January 25.
- Complete the electronic evaluation form. This evaluation form will be emailed to the address you entered in the Baystate continuing education portal. Look for this evaluation in you email on January 26.
- Remember, you must enter the CE ID number on the electronic evaluation form in order to receive credit.
- To be eligible for credit, you must complete the electronic evaluation form by no later than February 3.
- Your credits will appear in the Baystate continuing education learner portal after February 10. To access your transcript, go to www.baystatehealth.org/learn. Login as a returning user. Be sure to click the link directly under Course Catalogue, Registration and CE Credits.
- Click the CE credits tab after login to view or print your CE transcript.